Tuesday, December 26, 2017

How to Transfer Money free to a Foreign Account

Bank transaction rates for foreign currencies are exceptionally high, with poor transaction rates. TransferWise is an online platform that aims to solve this problem.

You can transfer your money to a foreign account for free up to 500 GBP, using the TransferWise referral link: https://transferwise.com/u/pradeebank


Similarly, share your own invite link with your friends, and their first transactions will be free as well if they use an invite link. The more invites you send, you will also be rewarded.

I have transferred money between US and EU accounts, as well as to Sri Lanka from the US and EU bank accounts. It really has a diverse list of currencies and speedy delivery. Try and confirm it on your own!
What made me a fan of TransferWise is not just their transparency and real transaction rates (you can confirm by comparing with xe.com provided transaction rates with TransferWise values). It is also the customer service of TransferWise. When I ran into some issues with a transaction, TransferWise went all their way to resolve the issue as quick as possible with their personalized support.

I am a happy customer of TransferWise, and this is my unbiased review as a regular user. :) Are you a user too? Please share your experience.

You may read my other reviews here.

4 comments:

  1. hi Anna, I used a month ago. In my experience, it is better than instarem.com.However,when they received the money from me they paid according to transaction rate at the moment.It is not real time rate.So this is issue for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thinesh, You are right. When I send money, if it is not urgent, I usually check the pattern and the current position in http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=EUR&To=LKR to see whether it is best to send at the moment (for example, when LKR is low and keeps going down, best to send money to Sri Lanka). The currencies are unpredictable (for us). But usually it went well for me.

      As I feel, it is the best option to send money to Sri Lanka from EU (better than online banking, Western Union, and local/Portuguese alternatives), in terms of speed, trust, transaction rates, and transaction fees (also considering the referral benefits I mentioned in the post).

      Delete
  2. Surely, it is one of the better ways for sending money from abroad. In addition, it provides the borderless account which is useful in the EU, UK and US regions and there are no transaction fees within these areas.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I checked, it was still not available in the EU, if I remember correct (or at least in Portugal). I am waiting. :)

      Delete

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.