Friday, December 22, 2017

Delayed Ryan Air and Drinking Water

A half-decade long memory.
My Ryan Air flight was delayed by 2 hours and 55 minutes. I was informed that I am not entitled to any compensation as this delay is less than 3 hours. Very convenient timing. There was no free water on board. Despite the delay, everyone was forced to buy water for 3 Euro. What if someone did not have 3 Euro to buy water and faint down? It is after all the mistake of Ryan Air for delaying with passengers onboard, without even informing us the reason for the delay properly. I had to buy water + meal combo for 10 Euro as it was lunchtime already. I love my TAP Portugal flights - even the shortest flight gets you something to eat and drink!

This year, I had to fly back and forth between Belgium and Portugal a few times with the last minute flights during the last 4 months. I once had to pay 200 Euro to fly from Faro to Charleroi one way, which would have cost me less than 20 Euro if I booked on time. I even did not take any checked in luggage with me. Just my big backpack as the handluggage.

Once I also had another 200 Euro flight between Brussels and Lisboa with an overnight transit in Madrid with AirEuropa. AirEuropa seats are wide with large legroom.

Eventually, I am back to Portugal after all the back and forth movements. When I am back, the year is about to end. The year was full of memories and lots of déjà vu. It was like living my entire 30 years of life back in a single year. Like a remix of old songs. Sometimes it felt like living a South Indian Kollywood masala movie directed by someone making a new movie copying fractions from many old successful movies.


It was a fast-paced year. I migrated rapidly. Moved apartments even rapidly. Sometimes I lived in 3 apartments within a week. I flew back and forth. Sometimes twice in a week. I had two consecutive sleepless nights - 64 hours of non-stop writing. Now that I am back and relaxed, it is time to focus on my deadlines again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to provide your opinions in the comments. Spam comments and comments with random links will be deleted.